Ready to Play??
The “best of the best” local and regional tot-friendly points of interest within a 5-6 hour drive of Huntsville, Alabama are shown on this map. Each location should be able to engage and captivate a small child (under age 6) for at least 30-45 minutes. Most of the time, their older school-age siblings will like it too.
- Excellent Local, Regional, State, and National parks
- Cool playgrounds and spraygrounds (splash pads)
- Nature Centers and easy trails
- Aquariums, Zoos (both wild and petting), Animal Preserves, farms open to the public
- Flagship Library Branches
- Children’s Museums and Theaters
- Other interesting museums (agricultural, historic, transportation, art, music, etc)
- Amusement Parks and Waterparks
- Walkable downtowns and other safe, interesting, vibrant places to stroll (preferably with coffee or frozen treats)
Don’t forget to check Reciprocal Admissions programs, for free or discounted entry to many of the attractions shown on the map!